Update: unfortunately, the board had some last-minute changes and we won’t be able to have a quorum Friday, therefore we won’t have a board meeting at the picnic before the game after all. But the game’s still on, and we look forward to seeing you at the ballpark.
Note: In addition to the game, we’re planning to have this month’s Westwood Estate Board meeting at the ballpark during the picnic time before the game at 6:00….
Come out to the Brazos Valley Bombers game on Thursday, July 14th for Westwood Estates Community Improvement Association Night. The evening starts with a pre-game picnic at 6:00pm. The picnic includes all-you-can-eat hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, chicken sandwiches, baked beans, potato chips, soft drinks and bottled water. After the picnic ends at 7:00pm, head over to the covered grandstand to watch the game in your reserved seats.
Bombers vs. East Texas PumpJacks
Thursday, July 14
6:00pm Pre-Game Picnic/7:00pm First Pitch
Brazos Valley Bank Ballpark – 525 W. Carson Street – Bryan (click here for the Ballpark on Google Maps)
Pre-Game Picnic and Game Ticket: $15/Person
Kids can play on the inflatable games in the Bombers Kids Zone for free all night!
Game Ticket Only: $8/Person
Children 3 and Under: Free
To purchase tickets:
- Please go to http://bvbombers.com/tickets/groupticketportal and click on the Westwood Estates Community Improvement Association logo. Type in the password – westwoodbomber. Then, select your seats and pay online. Tickets will be available for pickup at the ballpark ticket office on gameday. Or –
- Contact Justin at (979)-985-5130 or Justin@bvbombers.com.
The deadline to purchase tickets online is Wednesday, July 13th at 5:00pm.
While the Bombers do appreciate you buying early for the special group event nights, especially if you’ll be signing up for the picnic, you can still of course buy tickets at the gate.
Park Volunteer Days, last two Saturdays in April, 8am-Noon
April 23 and 30. Y’all come. The Westwood Board has established the last two Saturdays in April as “Park Volunteer Days.” Most Board Members will be there with tools and supplies to do various tasks. The hope is that it will be a fun event, with neighbors working side by side.
Their goal is to avoid having to hire people, which will allow the park to be maintained and maybe even be improved at low cost.
It has been a long standing policy, that if anyone wants something done in the Park and is willing to provide free labor the Association will almost always say “yes” and pay for any materials and any special tools and equipment needed.
However, over the last many years, except for Laura and Mike Stafford, who keep the trash and broken limbs picked up and for a guy who walks along Traditions Dr. now and then picking up trash, there have been no takers. Hopefully, the Park Volunteer Days will attract more people, so larger jobs can be done.
What follows is a list of work the Board has put together with a guesstimate of what it would cost to hire contractors to do them:
- Weeds: Remove from graveled playground area. $200
- Sidewalk: Fix 3’x50’ leading from Dewberry. $1000
- Paint wall: Seal 4’x60’ wood wall ( 5gal. @ $200 + labor ) = $300
- Paint bench: Power wash & seal 18”x200’ (15gal). $1000
- Vines: Remove from shrubs at Westwood Sign & trim. $200
- Dinosaur: Replace stolen dinosaur. $1500
- Or, build a wood seesaw on dinosaur spring platform. $300
- Sprinkler: Fix it for shrubs around canopy. $1000
- Trees: Fix watering system for trees. $300
- Sign: Replace “Rules” sign on Park bulletin board. $200
- Clear out growth for 3 picnic areas on hill. $300
- Tables: Buy and install three picnic tables for above. $800
- Trails: Trim 400’ nature trail that runs through trees on hill. $400
See you at the Park April 23 and 30!
Westwood North and South:
Westwood North and South will have a combined block party at Mike and Laura Stafford’s, 3009 Westwood Main.
Rolling Glen to meet at the park, according to a flyer Clyde Garland received.
Deer Trail/ Westwood way north:
Also at the park. Walter will be there at 8:30.
For other party locations, contact your block captain. Or come to one of the parties listed above. Hope to see folks out tonight!
Friday, April 2, 2010, 5:50pm
Westwood Estates Park
Kids, bring a basket for the Easter egg hunt!
Hotdogs, etc. will be served at 5:30pm and the hunt will begin at 6pm. There will be 150 plastic eggs with prizes to find. The hunt will be divided into three groups – Toddlers, Elementary and Middle. There will be two eggs in each group that will have a gift certificate — $5 for McDonald’s and $10 for Wal-Mart.
Laura Stafford (822-0559) is organizing the Party and providing everything. She will bring the food, including the charcoal and meat and will cook it. She will bring the plastic eggs, stuff them with prizes and oversee hiding them.
Last year’s Party had 50 adults and 30 kids.