Association Services is the Westwood Estates management company
Realtors, Title Companies, et al.: Association Services handles all business for Westwood Estates Community Improvement Association.
1701 Southwest Pwky Ste 209
College Station, TX 77840
WECIA Board Meeting of Monday, April 10, 2023
Call to order: 7:06 pm by Mike Stafford
Members present: Roger Edgar, Clyde Stant, Mike Stafford
Residents present: AJ Renold and son, Ronen, Laura Stafford
Minutes from last meeting approved: minutes not available
New “No Parking” signs are awesome! Net officer is trying to get the park sign replaced at the bottom of the hill where it was destroyed by a wreck.
Easter in the Park- Mike moved for payment to be made for materials ordered (will save for next year). Roger seconded. Motion carried
Action on top debtors- Approximately 15 residents owe over $300. No current list provided by Association Services.
Newsletter “Your Voice” by Mark Coppock- this will continue bi-annually. Readers and Board members all pleased.
Park Equipment Ideas, plans, form a committee- Billy has possible grant, but no updates. Need to fill in around basketball court to pickleball court will be safer. Ronen is working on Eagle Scout. He will provide a blueprint, materials needed, and approximate costs to tear down the rotting retaining wall and replace it with rocks (Gabion Wall), and the time frame for completion. Ronen will present his proposal at the next meeting. City of Bryan accepting grant proposals for community improvement. Roger suggested security cameras for the park. He will research costs. Possibly just put up Under Surveillance signs as a deterrent to vandalism.
New Board Positions: President: Mike Stafford, Vice President: Billy Evans, Treasurer: Roger Edgar, Secretary: Clyde Stant, Member at Large: Mark Coppock
Mike made a motion to approve. Clyde seconded. Motion passed.
Park Maintenance and Improvements- see Old Business
What options for management services? Mike asked for the board to interview 2 new companies. Roger suggested they attend a meeting and present what they will offer and the cost.
Roger suggested a group text for communication purposes. Mike will look into the REMIND app for use.
Next Meeting: Mike will call board members for possible dates and will report back to all members. Date not set at this time.
Meeting adjourned at: 7:55 pm. Mike made a motion to adjourn. Roger seconded. Motion carried.
WECIA Board Meeting of Monday, February 20, 2023
Call to order: 7:06 by Billy Evans
Board Members present: Billy Evans, Mark Coppock, Elaine Platt, Mike Stafford
Others: Anna Schwalen, Walter Kamphefner, Eric Westerhiem, Laura Stafford
Minutes/Previous Meeting Notes: Mark moved to accept as written, Elaine seconded. Motion carried.
Block and Officer’s Report
- Security lights in park- one light flickers, Mike will report once ground dries up
- Excessive vehicles at residences- south end of Westwood. Neighbors can report to Code Enforcement
- Vegetation damage on city lot- Board authorized Mike and volunteers to cut, trim, and stack vegetation at entrance on Traditions and at entrance on Westwood where bamboo is crushed
- Take notes from residents on damage to yards, etc. by Metronet contractors. Board to approach Metronet with a list of damages.
- Park updates- a company is willing to donate money. Board will seek input from residents and create a proposal for how to update park equipment.
- Merry go round- Elaine made motion, Mark seconded for Mike Stafford to refurbish Merry go Round by end of March. Board will give $600 upfront for materials once invoice is received with total not to exceed $1200
- Accounting services- Mike is to make a list of top 10 discrepancies noticed on billing from Association Services. Billy will take a list to services to try to work out issues. Find possible alternatives to Association Services
- Elections- March 20 at annual meeting. Elaine, Mike, and Mark are up for re-election. Elaine is moving so will not seek position on board.
- Annual meeting/proxies- Laura will type up proxy for board to approve. Wording needs to change to reflect that proxy is good for one year. Proxies will be ready for pick up by board members by Friday, Feb. 25 at 7:00. Annual meeting March 20. Mike made motion, Mark seconded. Motion carried.
- Newsletter- Mark will create newsletter with Easter information and also allow for residents’ input into park repairs.
- Block captains- MIke made a motion to create a committee to reach out to current block captains to see if they are willing to continue as block captains. Mark seconded. Motion carried
- Budget- Association Services created a budget based on current expenses/income. Mike moved to accept budget, Billy seconded. Motion carried.
- Mowing contract- Mike made a motion to mow twice in March for $300 while board seeks mowing contracts. Mark seconded. Motion carried. Invoice will be created and turned in for payment in March.
- Insurance renewal- Due March. Mike made a motion for the board to pay insurance by March 1 and get Association Services to get the invoice paid in a timely manner. Billy seconded. Motion carried.
- Easter- Mike moved for Easter to be held on Thursday, April 6 from 5:30-7:00. Billy seconded. Motion carried. Laura will talk with Sabrina about hosting together.
- Eric Westerhiem, 3013 Hummingbird, requested permission to paint BB court for pickleball and for dirt to be brought in to surround court. Mike made motion for approval, Mark seconded. Motion Passed. Eric will turn in invoices for materials for reimbursement.
2023 Annual Meeting: [Changed to Monday, March 27. Inclement Weather make up date: 3/28/2023]
Adjourn: 8:16 motion made by Mike, seconded by Billy. Motion carried.
WECIA Board meeting of Monday, October 4, 2022
Call to order: 7:10 by Billy Evans
Board Members present: Billy, Mark, Mike
Others: Laura Stafford, Sabrina Clark
Minutes/Previous Meeting Notes: no action taken
- $31,000 current balance.
Block and Officer’s Report
- Possible squatter
- Power Service Pole- new pole installed, but not in service
- Action on Top Debtors: Action occurring with 50% on list
- Park Improvements in Progress:leak by water fountain repaired. Water is back on.
Halloween event planning
- National Night Out. 82 residents in attendance. City Council Representatives came out to introduce themselves. BPD sent officers. Constable was in attendance. BISD Student Ambassadors explained the association with Habitat for Humanity to empower our students to give back.
- Halloween- Sabrina will host. Pizza and water. Billy will work out deal with Pizza Hut. Prizes for 4 age groups. Infant to Pre-K- goodie bags for all, K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 5th-HS, Over 18 will be included for first time ever! Winners will get gift cards for two categories TBD at night of event. Categories may include: best homemade, scariest, funniest, cutest, etc. Prizes will be $20 gift cards from local businesses
- Laura will ask BISD student ambassadors to help with both events while promoting Habitat for Humanity- BISD has committed students to help set up, judge, and clean up.
Oct. 31 in park, following Halloween event.
Adjourn: Motion made by Mike, seconded by Mark. Adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Fall 2022 Newsletter
Hopefully you’ve received a newsletter by now. If not, or it you’ve misplaced it, you may download it here.
WECIA Board meeting of Monday, Sept. 12, 2022
Call to order: 7:04 by Billy Evans
Board Members present: Billy, Elaine, Mark, Mike
Others: Laura Stafford, 3009 Westwood; Sabrina
Minutes/Previous Meeting Notes: motion made by Mike Stafford, seconded by Mark Coppock, Motion carried after correcting the spelling of resident’s name
$31,939.52 current balance. Elaine is working on getting last 6 months statements and reviewing them. This is in progress. Billy will upload into Trello
Block and Officer’s Report
- Snakes are out and about
- Trash from the Aggie Shacks by bridge. Elaine reported to Code Enforcement after cleaning up 3 bags.
- Power Service Pole- 2 bids- Univ. Electric Service $1505 and BCA Electric at $1405, but bid is from March. Billy made a motion to accept bid up to $1650 with installation. Board appointed Billy to oversee installation. Billy will vet bidders and follow through. Mike is clearing around old pole to allow for access.
- Action on Top Debtors: Association services will be authorized to collect fees via attorneys for owners in arrears over $300. Mike will speak with Association Services to direct them to proceed.
- Neighborhood Watch signage: City only ordered 4 signs and will order 5 more. City will install.
- Park Improvements in Progress:leak by water fountain in progress. Mike will submit proposal for repairing/refurbishing merry go round with both powder coat and with paint by next meeting.
- Newsletter- Mark in charge. Goes out 2 times per year. Board will approve and it will go out with next event fliers.
- National Night Out: Sabrina will host National Night Out and Halloween. Elaine will register with City. Mike made motion to cap food costs at $500.Chile, hot dogs, frito pies, water, capri,cookies. Billy made motion to approve. Motion carried. Sabrina will create flier with 2 sides- national Night out/Halloween. Mike will get 200 copies and pass out to block captains.
- Halloween: Sabrina will host. Pizza and water. Billy will work out deal with Pizza Hut. Prizes for 4 age groups. Infant to Pre-K- goodie bags for all, K-2nd, 3rd-6th, 7th and up will get gift cards for two categories TBD at night of event. Categories may include: best homemade, scariest, funniest, cutest, etc.
- Laura will ask BISD student ambassadors to help with both events while promoting Habitat for Humanity.
- Billy suggested new water lines for park. Will need bids from plumbers to determine feasibility.
Oct. 4 at 7:00 in park, following National Night Out
Adjourn: Motion made by Mike, seconded by Mark. Adjourned at 8:25 p.m.
WECIA Board meeting of Monday, June 20, 2022
Call to order: 7:01 by John Byers
Board Members present: Billy, John, Mark, Mike
Others: Patti, of Rolling Glenn; Amy, of Hummingbird; Laura Stafford, 3009 Westwood Main
Minutes/Previous Meeting Notes: motion made by John Byers, seconded by Mike Stafford, Motion carried, with the correct spelling of Billy’s name
$8000 gross net since May. Income from dues being paid. Elaine is working on getting last 6 months statements and reviewing them. This is in progress.
Current Dues = $80 year.
Block and Officer’s Report
Homeowner suggested speed bumps for speeders on Westwood Main
Mike requests temporary radars each year at start of school, and higher police presence
Complaints about vehicles on blind curve. Mike will talk with B. Bean about possibly painting curb red on one side
Complaints about overgrown trees and brush by 4-plexes. Mike will speak with Gene Savage about cutting it back.
Mike will connect with NET officer regarding complaints as well.
Power Service Pole – 2 bids- Univ. Electric Service $1505 and BCA Electric at $1405, but bid is from March. Billy made a motion to accept bid up to $1650 with installation by Sept. 1. Board appointed Billy to oversee installation. Billy will vet bidders and follow through. Motion made by Billy, MIke seconded motion, motion carried. We may be tax free. Mike will check on this.
Action on Top Debtors: Association services will be authorized to collect fees via attorneys for owners in arrears over $300. Motion made by Mike, seconded by Mark, motion carried. Mike will speak with Association Services to direct them to proceed.
Neighborhood Watch signage: B. Bean with city of Bryan is in progress of getting costs to replace the signage. Mark took pictures of all old, faded signs. Mike working on costs with board approval up to $350.00. In addition, Mike is trying to get Community of Bryan signage for Tradition entrance and for North Westwood entrance.
Park Improvements in Progress: new hoses, weed killer, and ant poison purchased. New trash can still in progress. Merry go Round needs repairs. Mike will check costs to repair rusty pieces, new bearings, and paint. Bid due at September meeting
Newsletter – Mark will be in charge and be “voice” for the board. Newsletter will be 2-sided and be ready before National Night Out. Mike will ask Sabrina if she will host National Night Out and Halloween. Patti will be glad to pass out Rolling Glen or any street needed.
September 12 at 7:00 in park
Adjourn: Motion made by Billy, seconded by Mark. Adjourned at 8:02
WEICA Board meeting of Monday, May 16, 2022 – minutes
Call to Order: 7:00pm
Members Present: Billy Evans, Elaine Platt, Mark Coppock, Michael Stafford plus 3 homeowners
Minutes from April board meeting: Mike made a move to approve minutes as written, Mark seconded, all approved
Treasurer’s Report: Elaine requested 3 Documents from HOA- current balance= $37,539.47
Profit and Loss Statement, List of owners in Arrears, Arrears= $6335.00
HOA almost late in paying insurance- board will remind them as insurance does not send bill to them. HOA current insurance is $1000.00 less than other bids, so board will continue as is now.
Motion made by Billy and 2nd by Elaine to get 6 mos. of statements for board to review- motion carried
Block Reports: Need park rules sign. Mike made sign holders, no “H” wires with signs from HOA.
- Service Pole for entrance repair or replacement- ongoing- Billy will get 3rd estimate from E&E Electric. Current estimates= $1100 install only, $3000 install + pole. Pole with wiring and new wiring box=$628 at McCoy’s with possible 10% military discount. City will cut off power,etc. Installer will need permit to replace pole. (on-going)
- Additional trash container- Mike will check Amazon for a “doggie poo box”. Still trying to remove one frame to re-use by BB court. (on-going)
- Board Communication- Trello App will be used by board. Billy will set up group. Mike called for action by board, Mark 2nd, motion carried
- Trimming along Gabbard Rd- mayor candidate Brent Hairston contacted City and they sent out a crew.
- Purchase 2 hoses for park at $75 each- Mark called for action, Elaine 2nd, motion carried
- Replacement of neighborhood watch signs- Mark has pictures, Mike will contact his city contact to see if 9 signs can be replaced for $350.00 plus a community sign. Mike made a motion, Elaine 2nd, motion carried
- Action on late dues: June 20th decision once board has all documentation to review from HOA- on-going
- Park supplies- weed killer, ant killer- Request separate check from mowing to track costs- Motion made with hose replacement
- Action on late dues
- Inventory created of consumable materials for park: bulbs, PVC pipe, weed killer, ant killer, hoses,etc
- AJ Reynolds introduced herself as Bryan District 5 single Member District Candidate
- Dead tree by Pavilion- plan being developed to remove tree- on going
Meeting adjourned: 8:00
Next Meeting: June 20th, 7:00 p.m. at the Park
4/18/22 board meeting minutes
WECIA Board meeting of Monday April 18, 2022 – minutes
Call to order: 7:00 p.m.
Members present: all board members present plus 4 homeowners
minutes from March board meeting: minutes were approved as written
Treasurer’s report: see minutes from 2022 Annual Meeting for the last report
Block Reports: Rolling Glen needs a block captain and Patti Edgar has volunteered
- Easter Party 2022 had a good turnout with 80+
- Service pole (with light) at Hummingbird Park entrance still needs replacing. A committee has been appointed to research possible solutions.
- placement of member positions for 2022 are as follows:
President – John Byers
Vice President – Billy Evans
Treasurer – Elaine Platt
Secretary – Mike Stafford
Member at Large – Mark Coppock
- Park Maintenance Contract: approved for 2022 for Mike Stafford
- future board meetings: will be held on third Monday of the month unless otherwise noted except for June 13 will take the place of June 20
- meeting announce yard signs: we now have new signs that were made by Association Services
- WECIA board is considering using an app for communication between board members and with homeowners
Next meeting: Monday, May 16
Adjourn: 8:02 p.m.
WECIA Regular Board Meeting April 18
WECIA Board will meet on Monday April 18 at 7 p.m. at the park. Homeowners are invited to attend.
WECIA regular board meeting minutes
Westwood Estates Community Improvement Association
Board Meeting Monday March 28 – minutes
Call to order: 6:17 p.m.
Roll Call: 16 people attended; 4 board members, City of Bryan Code Enforcement officer Mary, Jack Gressett with Association Services, and 10 residents
Minutes from last meeting: minutes were approved as posted
- Easter party at Westwood Park will be Thursday April 14 at 6 p.m. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt and pizza
- A third trash can will be placed in the Westwood Park yard specifically for dog waste.
Block Report: Chain saw sounds are reported to be heard in the forested area between Westwood Main and Traditions Drive.
Next Board Meeting: The next board meeting will be announced soon.
Adjourn: 6:47 p.m.