This year’s Neighborhood Night Out will be Tuesday, October 7, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm.
We will look forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE: Annual Meeting Agenda (PDF)
Dear Property Owner,
The annual meeting for Westwood Estates is scheduled for Monday 21 January 2013 at Mary Branch Elementary cafeteria at 7:00 pm. Attached is a Proxy* for voting consideration. We ask that you complete it and return it to the Association by (choose any one):
- faxing it to 979 779 3654
- returning it to your block captain or Board member prior to the Annual Meeting.
- or emailing it as a scanned document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to other Association business, the following items will be covered:
- Revising the Westwood Estates Deed Restrictions. See the proposed updated Deed Restrictions here (PDF). Each change is noted in bold with “Yes/No” checkboxes for you to indicate your approval/disapproval of each proposed revision.
- Late HOA dues and the status of the Board’s efforts to collect overdue accounts.
- The fiscal report will be submitted by the Treasurer.
- Elections of new Board members.
If you are able to attend the meeting, your Proxy will be returned to you. Please provide us an email address so you can be added to our mailing list. We frequently update our web site with important information and you will be automatically updated via email.
This Wednesday, October 31 from 5:30 – 6:30 in the park.
Bring the kids!!
This year we’ll be meeting as a neighborhood; all blocks invited to come together for a Westwood Estates All-Block Party in the Park from 6:00 – 8:00pm this Tuesday Oct. 2!
We’ll have plenty of food cooked outdoors thanks to Mike and Laura Stafford. Bryan Police Neighborhood Enforcement Team Officer Mike Watson is scheduled to come to meet neighbors, give us advice on keeping Westwood Estates safe and to answer questions we may have.
But one of the most important reasons for National Night Out is to meet our neighbors, and be ready to help each other keep a close watch on each others’ properties and vehicles.
And maybe to make new friends! We hope to see you Tuesday 6-8 in the Park!
Last year we had two work days, with a great deal of work needed and a great deal of work completed. This year there are fewer tasks, but still a need for as many who are able.
We’ll be concentrating on clearing brush, including in the numerous trails in the woods, and hauling it to the curbs. Also, there are many trees needing trimming, and a few dead ones to be cleared out.
We look forward to seeing everyone who can contribute some time on Saturday the 19th!
With the coming of the Health Science Center and the Biomedical Corridor, our neighborhood has the potential to see substantial increase in the value of our homes. Not staying current on our paperwork can and almost certainly will cost each of us by reducing or limiting our property values. Our deed restrictions and bylaws are over 25 years old. They need updating. That means we need at least 98 people or their proxies to initiate this process.
We’ll be posting proposed changes and soliciting member input. We expect the process to take perhaps 3-6 months, but we cannot even begin without a simple majority vote at the annual meeting.
After all the proposed changes are in place, we’ll hold a special meeting to approve them. This meeting will also require a simple majority (50% plus one) vote to approve.
Annual Meeting now Jan. 16
The Spring Newsletter, and the Halloween Party flyer, both had a different date. Our new date for the 2012 Annual Meeting is:Monday, January 16, 2012, 7pm
Mary Branch Elementary
On the meeting agenda
1) Late dues penalties and the status of the Board’s efforts to collect overdue accounts.
2) The need to update the Westwood Estates Deed Restrictions. UPDATE: We’ll also be needing to update the Bylaws.
3) Elections of new Board members. We’ll need at least two people, ideally three, to volunteer to run.
4) The fiscal report will be submitted by Treasurer Walter Kamphoefner.
We need you. Or your proxy.
As always, we need a quorum of 25% of the 193 members (49), or their proxies, to officially hold the meeting. Proxies will be distributed by hand and will also be available for download on the WWE website.
To proceed with the process of updating the bylaws (we’d like to update them in the next few months), we’ll need a simple majority of members—50% plus one, which is 98 votes.
Update: You may download a proxy.
Tuesday, October 4.
Mark your calendars and watch here for details.