Call to Order: 7:00pm
Members Present: Billie Evans, Elaine Platt, Mark Coppock, Michael Stafford plus 3 homeowners
Minutes from April board meeting: Mike made a move to approve minutes as written, Mark seconded, all approved
Treasurer’s Report: Elaine requested 3 Documents from HOA- current balance= $37,539.47
Profit and Loss Statement, List of owners in Arrears, Arrears= $6335.00
HOA almost late in paying insurance- board will remind them as insurance does not send bill to them. HOA current insurance is $1000.00 less than other bids, so board will continue as is now.
Motion made by Billie and 2nd by Elaine to get 6 mos. of statements for board to review- motion carried
Block Reports: Need park rules sign. Mike made sign holders, no “H” wires with signs from HOA.
- Service Pole for entrance repair or replacement- ongoing- Billie will get 3rd estimate from E&E Electric. Current estimates= $1100 install only, $3000 install + pole. Pole with wiring and new wiring box=$628 at McCoy’s with possible 10% military discount. City will cut off power,etc. Installer will need permit to replace pole. (on-going)
- Additional trash container- Mike will check Amazon for a “doggie poo box”. Still trying to remove one frame to re-use by BB court. (on-going)
- Board Communication- Trello App will be used by board. Billie will set up group. Mike called for action by board, Mark 2nd, motion carried
- Trimming along Gabbard Rd- mayor candidate Brent Hairston contacted City and they sent out a crew.
- Purchase 2 hoses for park at $75 each- Mark called for action, Elaine 2nd, motion carried
- Replacement of neighborhood watch signs- Mark has pictures, Mike will contact his city contact to see if 9 signs can be replaced for $350.00 plus a community sign. Mike made a motion, Elaine 2nd, motion carried
- Action on late dues: June 20th decision once board has all documentation to review from HOA- on-going
- Park supplies- weed killer, ant killer- Request separate check from mowing to track costs- Motion made with hose replacement
- Action on late dues
- Inventory created of consumable materials for park: bulbs, PVC pipe, weed killer, ant killer, hoses,etc
- AJ Reynolds introduced herself as Bryan District 5 single Member District Candidate
- Dead tree by Pavilion- plan being developed to remove tree- on going
Meeting adjourned: 8:00
Next Meeting: June 20th, 7:00 p.m. at the Park
This year’s Neighborhood Night Out will be Tuesday, October 7, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm.
We will look forward to seeing you there!
This Wednesday, October 31 from 5:30 – 6:30 in the park.
Bring the kids!!
UPDATE: DOG FOUND! A story with a good ending!
From Brad Brelsford, Dewberry Block Captain:
On Friday, March 9th, 9:30am, our dog got out of our yard. He is a 20+ pound Tricolor Sheltie named Stryder. It was storming when he got out so I imagine he was disoriented with the rain and thunder.
FM 2818 will go over Villa Maria. No additional right of way is necessary for construction (which should begin soon). Close example of what it will look like is probably SH 6 and Harvey Road. Similar to how Harvey goes under SH 6 with signals on each side, VM will go under 2818 with signals on each side. Also, turnaround lanes under the bridge to make u-turns on FM 2818. One-way ramps will provide access to/from each roadway. Call our local TxDOT office (778-9600) and they can share a schematic of the project, or feel free to call or email me and I’ll share what I have.
Southwest Bryan Best Use Study Report from Jan. 2009. This is a *huge* download (173 MB!. Click the link and make a pot of coffee. It may take awhile.)
Annual Meeting now Jan. 16
The Spring Newsletter, and the Halloween Party flyer, both had a different date. Our new date for the 2012 Annual Meeting is:Monday, January 16, 2012, 7pm
Mary Branch Elementary
On the meeting agenda
1) Late dues penalties and the status of the Board’s efforts to collect overdue accounts.
2) The need to update the Westwood Estates Deed Restrictions. UPDATE: We’ll also be needing to update the Bylaws.
3) Elections of new Board members. We’ll need at least two people, ideally three, to volunteer to run.
4) The fiscal report will be submitted by Treasurer Walter Kamphoefner.
We need you. Or your proxy.
As always, we need a quorum of 25% of the 193 members (49), or their proxies, to officially hold the meeting. Proxies will be distributed by hand and will also be available for download on the WWE website.
To proceed with the process of updating the bylaws (we’d like to update them in the next few months), we’ll need a simple majority of members—50% plus one, which is 98 votes.
Update: You may download a proxy.
As you may have heard, our former Neighborhood Enforcement Team officer, Will Holt, has chosen to get some further Criminal Justice education. We thank him for his service to our city and neighborhood, and welcome Officer Mike Watson, his replacement.
Hopefully you were able to meet Officer Watson when he made the rounds at the Neighborhood Night Out Block parties in October.
Some numbers to have on hand:
- Crime Stopper’s Report Line: 361-3888
- Bryan Police Department’s regular number: 209-5300
- Of course, in an emergency dial 911