The Westwood Estates Annual Homeowners Meeting has been rescheduled to the following date:
Monday, March 28 at 7 p.m. in the Westwood Park. Homeowners will be receiving the meeting proxies in the mail soon. To make the meeting process go smoothly, please fill it out and bring it to your block captain as soon as possible (if you don’t plan to attend the meeting.) We must have a certain amount of votes if we are to have a meeting.
The Annual Homeowners meeting that is scheduled for Monday, March 7, 2022 at 7 p.m. will be held at the park (originally scheduled for fire station.)
Annual HOA Meeting for 2022 will be held on Monday March 7 at 6 p.m. at the fire station next to Mary Branch School on Villa Maria Rd.
Westwood Estates Community Improvement Association
Minutes–Regular HOA Board Meeting – January 10, 2022
Call to order: 7:01 p.m.
Members Present: Shelton, Mark, John, Elaine
Guests present: Chris Galindo
Minutes from previous meeting: minutes from Sept 9 meeting were read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: $29,993.00
- concerns were brought up regarding campers parked in driveways, cars parked permanently in street, and excess cars parked along curve on Westwood Main
- Chris Galindo has objected to any modifications of the date change of the annual meeting as stated in the WECIA by-laws as annual meeting date has been temporarily changed due to not having an indoor location for the meeting.
- An addition to the 2022-2023 park maintenance contract will include that the individual will be paid on a fixed monthly schedule. This item needs to be voted on at the next scheduled meeting.
- 2022 Annual Meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 7 at 7 p.m. in the park. There will be a scheduled board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- board position voting proxies will be mailed out in advance of the annual meeting
Next meeting will be the annual meeting of 2022, scheduled for Monday March 7 at 7 p.m. in the park
Meeting adjourned at 7:42 p.m.
WECIA board meeting agenda, September 20, 2021
Call to order: 7:00 pm
Members present: Shelton, John, Mike, Elaine plus 2 guests
Minutes from last meeting approved: yes
Treasurer’s Report: not available
Block Reports: items from leaning pole on WW Main were left behind and the pole is still under repair
1) water leaks in the park; repairs have been made by Mike Stafford
2) installation of community little library; library is installed and ready for visitors; located at park entrance on WW Main
3) Payment for park maintenance for past two months and for light installed at pavilion will be sent. Board will check on sending out payment on a fixed day of the month. Association Services reimburses members for work or purchases.
4) National Night Out Party for Oct. 5 is registered; first responders should visit the party
- Three block captains (Debra, Walter, and Brad) have been left off the newsletter. They will be contacted and added as amendment to newsletter
- Blind curve on Westwood Main is dangerous when there are vehicles parked. Board will check into this hazard.
- Annual meeting which is normally in January will be moved to March so that the park pavilion can be used for the meeting
Meeting adjourned: 7:38 p.m.
Next Meeting: January 10, 2022 location TBD
WECIA scheduled board meeting of Monday August 23, 2021
Call to order: 7:01 p.m.
Members present: Sheldon, Mark, Elaine, Mike
3 guests present; Jack Gressett (Association Services) attended
Treasurer Report: Balance of $34,938.03 as of 7/27/2021
Minutes from last meeting were approved
- October’s Household Hazardous Waste ad will be visible on WECIA website.
- Leaning utility pole on Westwood Main will be repaired by end of August.
- Architectural Committee Form was updated and sent to Michael Brackin (head of ACC).
- National Night Out of Tuesday October 5 plans were confirmed; community support such as Police and Fire Depts. will be present.
- Halloween Party in the park on October 31 plans were confirmed.
- Annual WECIA newsletter to be mailed out in September. Newsletter will contain relevant information for residents.
- Free little library will be constructed and open soon. A resident has organized the project.
- Mike S. continues to work on the water leaks in the park. Water to the park is currently off until he finishes the project.
- Included in the annual newsletter will be names and contact information for block captains. Any neighborhood concerns can be reported to your block captain.
- WECIA website is being edited and is user friendly for residents.
Next meeting: Monday September 20, 2021 at 7 p.m. in the park
Adjourn: 7:57 p.m.
WECIA Board meeting August 2, 2021
Call to order: 7:03 p.m.
Members present: Mike, Shelton, Elaine, Mark. There were 5 guests present.
Minutes from last meeting: minutes were accepted by the board with one amendment: 2 LED lights were installed at the Park by Mike for a total of $160. Reimbursement has been made.
Treasurer report: unavailable at this time
Board will not have further action on gravel driveway issue on Westwood Main at this time. Will be discussed at future meetings.
Block and Officer’s Report:
Utility pole at Westwood Main south is leaning toward ground and will be reported.
RV is parked illegally on Westwood Main and will be reported to City of Bryan.
City of Bryan will be contacted about any yards with grass height over the codes.
Association Services information will be visible permanently on the WECIA (Westwood Estates Community Improvement Association) homepage.
Hazardous Waste collection is October 30 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
National Night Out is October 5, 2021. WECIA will have a party in the Park starting at 5:30 p.m. that day. A hotdog supper will be served.
Halloween party in the Park will take place Sunday, October 31 starting at 5:30 p.m. Pizza will be served. Costume contest for ages 0 – 12, with gift card prizes for the winners.
Water leaks at the park – board will get a repair estimate from a plumber.
Board voted on and approved Annual Newsletter which will be distributed in September.
Board voted on and approved $250 towards the installation of a Free Little Library to be built by a resident and placed at the park entrance on Westwood Main.
Next Meeting: Monday, August 23, 2021 at 7 p.m. in the park.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Tonight’s Westwood Estates HOA regular board meeting will be held at 7 p.m. in the park (changed from scheduled location.)
The 87th Texas Legislative Session has brought some changes relating to property owners and homeowner associations. You can read the changes at this link: