WECIA Board meeting of Monday, October 4, 2022
Call to order: 7:10 by Billy Evans
Board Members present: Billy, Mark, Mike
Others: Laura Stafford, Sabrina Clark
Minutes/Previous Meeting Notes: no action taken
- $31,000 current balance.
Block and Officer’s Report
- Possible squatter
- Power Service Pole- new pole installed, but not in service
- Action on Top Debtors: Action occurring with 50% on list
- Park Improvements in Progress:leak by water fountain repaired. Water is back on.
Halloween event planning
- National Night Out. 82 residents in attendance. City Council Representatives came out to introduce themselves. BPD sent officers. Constable was in attendance. BISD Student Ambassadors explained the association with Habitat for Humanity to empower our students to give back.
- Halloween- Sabrina will host. Pizza and water. Billy will work out deal with Pizza Hut. Prizes for 4 age groups. Infant to Pre-K- goodie bags for all, K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 5th-HS, Over 18 will be included for first time ever! Winners will get gift cards for two categories TBD at night of event. Categories may include: best homemade, scariest, funniest, cutest, etc. Prizes will be $20 gift cards from local businesses
- Laura will ask BISD student ambassadors to help with both events while promoting Habitat for Humanity- BISD has committed students to help set up, judge, and clean up.
Oct. 31 in park, following Halloween event.
Adjourn: Motion made by Mike, seconded by Mark. Adjourned at 8:15 p.m.