WECIA Board meeting of Monday, Sept. 12, 2022
Call to order: 7:04 by Billy Evans
Board Members present: Billy, Elaine, Mark, Mike
Others: Laura Stafford, 3009 Westwood; Sabrina
Minutes/Previous Meeting Notes: motion made by Mike Stafford, seconded by Mark Coppock, Motion carried after correcting the spelling of resident’s name
$31,939.52 current balance. Elaine is working on getting last 6 months statements and reviewing them. This is in progress. Billy will upload into Trello
Block and Officer’s Report
- Snakes are out and about
- Trash from the Aggie Shacks by bridge. Elaine reported to Code Enforcement after cleaning up 3 bags.
- Power Service Pole- 2 bids- Univ. Electric Service $1505 and BCA Electric at $1405, but bid is from March. Billy made a motion to accept bid up to $1650 with installation. Board appointed Billy to oversee installation. Billy will vet bidders and follow through. Mike is clearing around old pole to allow for access.
- Action on Top Debtors: Association services will be authorized to collect fees via attorneys for owners in arrears over $300. Mike will speak with Association Services to direct them to proceed.
- Neighborhood Watch signage: City only ordered 4 signs and will order 5 more. City will install.
- Park Improvements in Progress:leak by water fountain in progress. Mike will submit proposal for repairing/refurbishing merry go round with both powder coat and with paint by next meeting.
- Newsletter- Mark in charge. Goes out 2 times per year. Board will approve and it will go out with next event fliers.
- National Night Out: Sabrina will host National Night Out and Halloween. Elaine will register with City. Mike made motion to cap food costs at $500.Chile, hot dogs, frito pies, water, capri,cookies. Billy made motion to approve. Motion carried. Sabrina will create flier with 2 sides- national Night out/Halloween. Mike will get 200 copies and pass out to block captains.
- Halloween: Sabrina will host. Pizza and water. Billy will work out deal with Pizza Hut. Prizes for 4 age groups. Infant to Pre-K- goodie bags for all, K-2nd, 3rd-6th, 7th and up will get gift cards for two categories TBD at night of event. Categories may include: best homemade, scariest, funniest, cutest, etc.
- Laura will ask BISD student ambassadors to help with both events while promoting Habitat for Humanity.
- Billy suggested new water lines for park. Will need bids from plumbers to determine feasibility.
Oct. 4 at 7:00 in park, following National Night Out
Adjourn: Motion made by Mike, seconded by Mark. Adjourned at 8:25 p.m.