The next Board meeting will be (tentatively):Monday November 17, 2016 at Mr. Carter’s home on Wilderness
If you’d like to attend, please check here for any last-minute changes.
See minutes of past meetings. Any Westwood Estates homeowner may attend. Pass along your ideas and concerns to your Block Captain or any Board Member, or bring them yourself to any meeting. Check this website to confirm the date of any specific meeting.
The 2012 Annual Meeting was held Monday, January 16, 7pm at Mary Branch Elementary.
Twenty-one (21) members attended (representing 27 votes) along with 66 proxies representing 99 votes. The total count of votes present, in person or by proxy, is 126.
As always, we needed a quorum of 25% of the 193 members (49), or their proxies, to officially hold the meeting. Proxies were distributed by hand and were also be available for download on the WWE website.
The following items were covered:
- Late dues penalties and the status of the Board’s efforts to collect overdue accounts.
- The need to update the Westwood Estates Deed Restrictions and Bylaws. According to our bylaws, a simple majority of residents (193 x .5 = 96.5 + 1 = 98) have to approve starting the process of updating the Association’s Bylaws and Deed Restrictions. This process, once initiated, may take 3-6 months to complete and will incorporate public comment. A Special Vote will be held later to approve changes. The Board recommended a “Yes” vote. This passed:
- Votes YES: 106
- Votes NO: 20
- Elections of new Board members. Mark Coppock and James Carter were elected to serve 2-year terms.
- The fiscal report was submitted by Treasurer Walter Kamphoefner.
For reference: 2012 Annual Meeting Proxy.
The 2011 annual meeting was held Thursday, January 13, 2011 at at Mary Branch Elementary. 15 members attended along with 58 members represented by proxy.
At that time the following members were elected to the Westwood Estates Board of Directors:
- Andy Merritt
- Mike Stafford
- Walter Kamphoefner (re-elected for a second term)
Thanks to everyone who attended or signed a proxy, and particular thanks to Gene Savage whose proxies made a quorum.
The 2010 Annual Meeting was Thursday, Jan. 14. 5 members attended with 8 votes, with one other attending briefly leaving his proxy. A total of 54 proxies (thanks to Clyde Garland for collecting these) added up to a total of 62 votes. Two new unopposed board members were elected. See the meeting report for more details.
At our previous Annual Meeting (1/19/2009), 13 members attended with 13 votes. Plus 64 Proxies equaled 77 votes. At that meeting, three new unopposed Board Members were elected.
In 2008, 17 attended with 16 votes plus 108 proxies.
In 2007, 11 attended with 15 votes plus 40 proxies.